So you want to design a made-to-measure bathroom? Too easy! But if you’re unsure of where to begin or you’re in need of some inspiration, one of the Smartpack advantages is that we have prepared several template projects that you can edit or use as is for your DIY project including bathroom vanities.
Our mission is to provide high quality home improvement products for a competitive, good value price point with 100 percent customer satisfaction. The bathroom vanities are easy to incorporate into your DIY design and can be adjusted to the right size you need.
- There are four steps in our process which includes planning, designing, ordering and delivering.
- To determine the functionality that best suits your needs, think about how you use your existing space and what feels comfortable to you, what you like and what you don’t like. We recommend making a list of the features you would like to retain in your bathroom and what you would like to replace.
The first thing you need to do is measure. Here are a few things to consider:
- This is a simple but important requirement that will save you much heartache and money in the long run. Measuring your space is not difficult, however it’s crucial that you get it right as your measurements will provide the foundation for all of your planning and design. Be sure to measure twice, to make sure you have the right sizing for everything. Designing a made to measure bathroom can be costly if your measurements are out.
- A critical measurement is the height of the room from the floor to the ceiling.
- Remember to note existing or new light switches or power outlets and existing plumbing and electricity outlets.
Having these elements measured out properly means adding other parts to your design will be easier.
We not only supply you with the tools to design, you can order a new bathroom vanity depending on the size you need online. The Smartpack project template includes two different sized bathroom vanities which you can check out here.
Most of the time there will be no cutting required once delivered. However, in all of our templates we have added applied (end) panels at 10mm oversized, so that they can be trimmed to suit any variances that may arise from uneven walls. We have also added in kickboards at around 50mm oversized, so these can easily be cut to create a perfectly finished kicker.
The Team at Smartpack would like to wish you and your family a very happy Christmas and a safe and enjoyable New Year.